Using money responsibly will improve not only your life, but the lives of those around you. Understanding how money can either create or destroy, you can learn to make choices that support yourself, each other, and the environment.
Take control of your financial decisions and ask yourself these questions before you buy something – not only for your sake, but for the sake of the world community.
- Will I feel better about myself if I buy it?
- Will my quality of life improve if I buy it?
- Can I live without it?
- Would I buy it if it wasn’t on sale?
- Will it benefit my long-term goals?
- Will I be bored with it in a month?
- Will it end up in a pile/junk drawer/as clutter?
- Will my money be contributing to the profits of people or businesses that engage in destructive/unethical/immoral behaviors?
- Will my money cause harm to the environment?
- Will my purchase finance inequality and exploitation of workers?
- How am I being manipulated by people who want my money?