Do you have a budget that just isn’t getting the job done? Here are some reasons why it may not be working for you.
- You don’t have one- In a poll done by Gallup only 32 percent of American’s actually have a budget. That’s only 1 in 3! This is why it’s the first problem that you may have when budgeting. Not having one. If you need a place to start check out our Monthly Budget Printout Here!
- You choose numbers at random– the second reason why your budget may not work is because you may not have put the effort into choosing your budgeting number. Prioritize and go through old check books to see how much you are spending in each category. When you choose budget numbers, make sure it’s reasonable.
- Not realistic– This leads to the next reason. You may be underestimated or over estimated how well you can budget. If you plan less for rent then what rent really is, your budget may have an issue.
- Wrong priorities– Are you still spending money on things that don’t matter? Cut out costs that you don’t need! To better understand this read our post on it here!
- Income– Some people think that if they had more money budgeting would be easier. This might be true, but no matter how much you make, all you have to do is live within your means! People with a lot of money have to allocate it wisely just as someone would with a part time job.